Life Hacks for Guys (part 1)
Life hacks aren’t just for busy moms with four kids to feed, three jobs to get to, and a house to clean. Nope. There are some solid Life hacks that guys should know about so that we can take our life to the next level and stop wasting the valuable time we’ve been given to live these awesome lives of ours.
Plus, there’s nothing a woman loves more than a man who’s got his crap together. Especially when it comes to figuring things out, here are my top 6.
- Sweaters should be folded and placed on a shelf, never hung on a hanger: don’t ruin that perfectly good piece of clothing by hanging it on a cheap hangar. It will leave those weird sticky-outy things that make you look like you have strange bones coming from your shoulders. Fold sweaters. Always.
- Unless you are playing pro football 6 days a week, you don’t need to wash (shampoo) your hair more than 2-3 times per week. The natural oils in your hair actually help your hair to be healthy. People are always trying to wash those oils away, but limit your shampooing to 2-3 times a week and you’ll have a great head of hair. Don’t forget to use scrubs to keep your skin healthy.
- Don’t use the dryer for anything other than your workout clothes and you’re lazing around clothes. If you’ve got any money invested in your wardrobe, don’t bother with the dryer. Clothes should be air dried to maintain quality and longevity. Americans are crazy about dryers for convenience, but lots of other countries around the world just hang their clothes to dry. It keeps them looking better, longer.
- Keep your toolbox stocked with things like Plusgas to get you out of a tricky situation. Have you ever tried to unscrew a bolt and it was stripped or stuck? It’s the worst. And it’s going to happen, so be prepared with a product to get unstuck so you can get on with your manly work.
- Cook meals in batches once a week. Don’t waste your time cooking for one person all week. Cook once a week and use the same ingredients in multiple meals so you can eat like a king all week. Try this: ground beef plus spaghetti sauce plus noodles for dinner on Monday. On Tuesday, you can use the same ground beef and make tacos. On Thursday you can reuse some of the leftover spaghetti and make lasagna. Cook chicken breasts and make soup, big crusty bread sandwiches, and a casserole that you can take for lunch at work. Too easy.
- Own at least three suits, two dress shirts, and four ties. This combination of suits to shirts to ties allows you to make tons of suit outfits. Just because men can get away with wearing the same suit all the time, it doesn’t mean you should. Ever. So get a few suits and mix and match your shirts and ties. Remember to have a casual suit as well, if you want to be able to stretch your suits from day to night. And keep your selection of ties to a few basic colors. Simple is best when it comes to wardrobe accessories. Let the suit do the talking.
We have more life hacks coming your way, part 2 will be up soon.